Permanent position: Our client is looking to hire a Sr. Electrical Design Engineer for their corporate location in the south suburbs of Chicago, IL. The Sr. Electrical Design Engineer will utilize your design and analysis skills to develop products from concept to implementation. These products might include active safety devices, Internet of Things (loT) devices, wireless devices, and circuit development. This is a direct hire position, relocation is available and can start immediately. Responsibilities for the Electrical Design Engineer
Requirements for the Electrical Design Engineer
- Design, schematic capture, and prototype electronic products.
- Lead, test and verify new designs for internal teams.
- Implement designs into production.
- Work with vendors and sourcing to define technical requirements for the product/components.
- Create and execute test plans for hardware and software validation.
- Design and implement electrical stress tests to ensure the reliability of the product, design and implement test fixtures to verify the circuit boards and/or systems' functionality for production testing.
- BSEE degree (MSEE or higher is a plus) with at least 5 years of hardware development experience.
- Must have micro-controller based hardware design and development experience at the product level.
- Must have Digital and Analog (e.g., drivers, power supplies, batteries) hardware design and development experience at the product level.
- Working level experience with board support software packages, C, C++, assembly language, manufacturing process experience.
- Must demonstrate experience in electronic design/development process, product design/development process, change management system, reliability testing, compliance testing, and manufacturing testing.
- Must demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written with other engineers, lab technicians, product management and customers in a team environment.
- Schematic capture experience is required, Physical circuit board layout experience is a plus (e.g., Altium, OrCad, Mentor, Cadence Allegro).
- Health, Dental, Vision, Profit sharing, PTO, Holiday pay.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.