Contract position: We are searching for an Associate Product Developer in the Chicago, IL area(northwest) to work for a leading food company. This is a contract position expected to last a year and could be longer.Responsibilities for the Specialist
Requirements for the Specialist
- Contribute to the brand's profitable growth and overall success, with a focus on assortment optimization and product evaluation of the overall US Foods' portfolio.
- Use strong technical expertise, portfolio analysis and insight to identify areas for innovation or consolidation, claims/nutritional potential, improved profitability, and matches to existing products.
- Commercialize products by working closely with internal and external stakeholders including manufacturers.
- Ensure products meet brand standards in regards to sensory, ingredient, nutritional and product attributes.
- Maintain solid technical and business understanding of the competitive set, and emerging technology to help identify opportunity areas for technical point of difference in US Foods' products.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in food science. Meat science, or animal science, agribusiness may also be acceptable depending on categories.
- 2+ years experience in product development of consumer packaged goods, retail or foodservice industry.
- Prior experience in product development including refinement of specification and leading the process of plant trials.
- Project management experience required.
- Strong sensory evaluation and analysis skills and ability to compile data obtained through sensory analysis and specification comparisons
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.