Permanent position: Boiler Operator - CoGeneration Plant , Middletown, OH Operates and sustains stationary engines and mechanical equipment, such as steam engines, air compressors, generators, motors, turbines, and steam boilers, to provide utilities, such as light, heat, or power for buildings and industrial processes. Must possess a 3rd Class Stationary Engineer license for the State of Ohio or ability to obtain license within 2 years of hire. High Pressure Boiler operator license will be considered, however candidate must understand they will be expected to become qualified to obtain a Stationary Engineer license. Schedule: 4 Nights, 3 off, 3 days, 1 off, 3 Nights, 3 off, 4 days, 7 off. Excellent benefits, fixed OT and bonus eligible. $27-$32/hr plus 10% profit sharing potential. Responsibilities for the Stationary Engineer
Requirements for the Stationary Engineer
- Performs chemistry analysis on boilers, cooling towers and secondary plants
- Operates FGD system and air systems; troubleshoots problems and works with resources to correct problem accordingly.
- Supports boiler plant start up and shut down activities
- Supports vendor and contractor daily routines (i.e ash hauling)
- Performs system walkdowns including local controls as well as load control from DCS; reporting issues to appropriate resources
- Reads meters and gauges or automatic recording devices at specified intervals to verify operating conditions.
- Visually inspects equipment at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment or lubrication.
- Maintains equipment by tightening fittings, repacking bearings, replacing packing glands, gaskets, valves, recorders, and gauges, and cleaning or replacing burners or other components, using hand tools and power tools
- Enters work orders into Maximo system
- Education/Experience: Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 2-5 years related experience equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a 3rd Class Stationary Engineer license for the State of Ohio or ability to obtain license within 2 years of hire. High Pressure Boiler operator license will be considered, however candidate must understand they will be expected to become qualified to obtain a Stationary Engineer license.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Excellent benefits including OT pay and bonus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.