Permanent position: An OEM manufacturer just south of Winston-Salem is seeking a PLC Programmer to assist their product development team. This PLC Programmer will be responsible for the original programming of new industrial equipment PLC's and HMI's (primarily Siemens). 60% of the industrial equipment will be new, while 40% will be older equipment that needs to be updated and tweaked. The ideal PLC Programmer will have 3+ years of experience in programming ladder logic, Siemens and/or Allen Bradley experience, and previous experience in an OEM manufacturing environment. Limited travel (local, regional and national) will be required of this PLC Programmer. This PLC Programmer must posses the ability to take initiative and work independently.Responsibilities for the PLC Programmer
Requirements for the PLC Programmer
- Program, develop and tweak control systems PLC logic and HMI source code.
- Install and test PLC's and HMI's at Client facility prior to shipment.
- Partner with design engineers in control systems development for both new and existing machines, configurations, or options.
- Incorporate VFD's and servo controllers in a multi-axis system for motion control and speed regulation.
- Handle process improvement, capital and R&D projects simultaneously.
- 3+ years of experience in programming ladder logic.
- Siemens and/or Allen Bradley experience.
- Experience in an OEM manufacturing environment.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time locally, regionally and internationally.
- Ability to work independently.
- Comprehensive healthcare.
- 401(k) with 4% company match.
- Low-stress, family oriented company culture.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.