Permanent position: A reputable chemical company in Santa Clarita is seeking a Quality Supervisor to replace a retiring employee. This Quality Supervisor will be responsible for supervising the activities of Quality Control personnel as they perform chemical and physical tests of raw materials, products and chemicals. The ideal Quality Supervisor will have 5+ years of quality supervision experience in a chemical environment, have experience in both organic and inorganic chemistry, be able to supervise three report-to's, and have a B.Ch.E or equivalent. Previous ISO-9001 or TS-16949 experience and Six Sigma Green Belt certification are both preferred. Statistical analysis program experience, such as Mini-tab, is preferred.Responsibilities for the Quality Supervisor
Requirements for the Quality Supervisor
- Directly supervise the Quality Control laboratory; responsibilities include training, directing, providing employee reviews and solving complex problems.
- Write sampling, operating procedures and testing for the Quality Control lab.
- Perform sample analysis, test method development, analysis of test results and data, adjustment of chemical formulations and compound/reagent/solution preparation.
- Maintain test records, archive samples and SQL database.
- Implement program to evaluate the accuracy of production equipment, testing, calibration system, measurement and analytical equipment.
- 5+ years of quality supervision experience in a chemical environment.
- Experience in organic and inorganic chemistry.
- B.Ch.E or equivalent.
- Ability to supervise 3 report-to's.
- ISO-9001 or TS-16949 and Six Sigma Green Belt certification are preferred.
- Comprehensive healthcare.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Competitive annual performance bonus.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.