Permanent position: A leading chemical manufacturer south of Los Angeles is seeking a Chemical Process Engineer IV to support their operational goals regarding chemical production requirements. This Chemical Process Engineer will coordinate continuous improvement efforts towards existing products as well as the implementation of new products and processes into full manufacturing. The ideal Chemical Process Engineer candidate will have 5+ years of experience in chemical materials processing and process improvement, possess a B.Che.E or equivalent, and be able to continuously improve existing processes as well as implement new products and processes. Aid leaching and carbon Chemical Vapor Infiltration manufacturing experience is strongly preferred.Responsibilities for the Chemical Engineer
Requirements for the Chemical Engineer
- Develop and conduct research to lead process improvements and cost reduction in acid leaching operations and neutralization for silica products.
- Lead process improvements and cost reductions for high temperature and chemical vapor infiltration of carbon and carbon based materials.
- Implement customer's specifications and P.O. requirements into the manufacturing process.
- Determine test procedures, equipment, tooling, schedules and overall cost.
- Assist with the preparation of estimates for bids and proposals; create bill of of materials.
- 5+ years of experience in chemical materials processing and process improvement.
- Bachelor of Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- Ability to continuously improve existing processes and implement new products and processes into full manufacturing.
- Provide work direction to technicians, supervisors and manufacturing personnel when needed.
- Acid leaching and carbon Chemical Vapor Infiltration manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Comprehensive healthcare.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Opportunity for a competitive annual performance bonus.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.