Permanent position: Immediate opening for a Design Engineer with plastic injection molding experience with a company in the Baltimore, MD area. The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's in Engineering or related, and 3+ years of industry experience creating 2D and 3D product designs, or no degree with 5+ years of relevant experience. Previous experience with part design for plastic injection molding is required. All candidates are encouraged to apply!Responsibilities for the Design Engineer
Requirements for the Design Engineer
- Create 3D CAD models of designs using Solidworks and prepare 2D drawings that convey the design for manufacturing and assembly purposes. Complete product designs for projects ranging from inventors to large companies developing, new products and support them from concept, detailed design, prototype, manufacturing, to assembly and packaging.
- Communicate designs with manufacturers and component suppliers and assure cost-effective products.
- Provide creative and innovative solutions to design challenges presented in projects ranging from biomedical, defense, rail, agriculture, exercise equipment, pharmaceutical, household devices, etc
- A bachelor's degree in Engineering with 3+ years of design experience or no degree with 5+ years of experience
- Complex part design for plastic injection molding experience required
- Proficient in Solidworks or equivalent CAD design software
- Design for Manufacturing, Plastic, Metal, casting, thermoforming experience required
- Full benefits including PTO, Health Insurance etc
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.