Permanent position: Mechanical Design Engineer in Kennesaw, GA - well established industrial heat treating equipment provider is seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer for a direct hire position near Kennesaw, GA. Candidate will use Solidworks to create models for large industrial thermal equipment - salary commensurate with experience.Responsibilities for the Design Engineer
Requirements for the Design Engineer
- Model components and create manufacturing drawings in SolidWorks
- Perform calculations using Mathcad, FEA, CFD, and internal programs
- Assume Engineering responsibility for portions of heavy machinery design projects
- Grow into assuming responsibility for projects and leading team members.
- Perform R&D for existing projects and develop new technologies
- BSME / BSMET and 5+ years experience designing heavy machinery or similar process equipment
- Familiarity with machine design, fluid mechanics, and heat transfer.
- Experience with SolidWorks or similar 3D software with the ability to create manufacturing drawings
- E.I.T. or P.E. preferred
- Thermal Processing equipment, structural steel or metal fabricating is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.