Permanent position: Electrical Engineering opportunity is NOW Available in the Charleston, SC area. Control Systems Engineering and PLC/HMI programming is required. Must have knowledge and experience with PLC hardware and programming software (Allen-Bradley and Modicon). Willingness and ability to travel approximately 30% of the time on average. Apply today to be immediately considered.Responsibilities for the Controls Technician
Requirements for the Controls Technician
- Technicians develop PLC application monitoring and control software (Allen-Bradley), perform startup and testing, and provide training to customers
- Previous experience with programming of various Rockwell Automation software packages is required.
- Assist in control system design, testing, equipment commissioning, field testing and system acceptance including operational readiness testing and factory acceptance testing (FAT).
- Work with a multidiscipline group of engineers, designers, and drafters on projects, with a demonstrated commitment to successful project delivery. Project administration duties include writing technical reports, reviewing bid specifications for compliance, drafting proposals/correspondence, tracking project costs.
- Willingness and ability to travel approximately 30% of the time on average.
- Associates Degree in electrical engineering or mechanical engineering with electrical skills/interest.
- Must have knowledge and experience with PLC hardware and programming software (Allen-Bradley and Modicon).
- Experience in mechanical design and field support of mechanical equipment.
- Company offers Benefits to include Medical, Dental, PTO, and 401k
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.