Permanent position: Specialized R&D and manufacturing company is seeking a Mechanical Engineer in the Cerritos, CA area. This role will be part of a small engineering team and will be involved in the design of a complex system used in the oil & gas industry. Qualified candidates will have an Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering and at least 5 years of mechanical design engineering preferably with rotating equipment or motors. Additional responsibilities and requirements below. This company offers industry leading benefits and compensation and opportunities for growth.Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Utilize Solidworks to prepare 3D models and drawings
- Design, build, integration and testing of new and existing products.
- Evaluate parts and processes for reliability and performance.
- BS or MS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years of mechanical design engineering experience, preferably with rotating machinery design and fabrication
- Expert knowledge of SolidWorks
- Hands on experience with design, analysis, integration, test plans, reporting
- 401k + match
- Generous PTO and holiday time off
- Medical and EAP plans
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.