Contract position: Chemist located in Winchester, VA at a highly regarded manufacturer of consumer goods. This role is responsible to perform a variety of laboratory tests on materials and finished goods products to determine chemical and physical properties. To be considered - Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry with at least one (1) year of product formulations experience within a laboratory environment. This is a contract opportunity of three months with possible extension. APPLY NOW. Local candidates only.Responsibilities for the Chemist
Requirements for the Chemist
- Perform a variety of laboratory tests on materials and finished goods products to determine chemical and physical properties.
- Evaluate stability of formulations and packaging
- Conduct routine testing on soap, air care and surface care dispensers.
- Create and/or review and approves technical documents to support developmental projects
- Develop robust manufacturing processes for development projects
- Conducts physical stability testing
- Interprets, summarizes and prepares report with data obtained from product testing
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry
- Must have at least one (1) year of product formulations experience
- Must have experience with laboratory equipment (laboratory experience, or through academic achievements)
- Experience conducting laboratory tests on materials and finished goods products to determine chemical and physical properties
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Pay rate in range shown based on extent of qualifications
- Contractor benefits
- Exposure at a top firm
- Local candidates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.