Permanent position: A leading medical device company in the Greater Cincinnati Area is seeking a New Product Development (NPD) Project Manager to assist with the roll-out of a new product line from design to production to full manufacturing. various projects and continuous product improvement. This NPD Project Manager will be responsible for serving as a cross-functional team member between the design, production, engineering, procurement and manufacturing teams. The ideal NPD Project Manager candidate will have 3+ years of new product development and improvement experience, working knowledge of GD&T and drafting standards, and previous experience in an ISO/FDA/regulated industry environment (ideally automotive, aerospace or medical device). Experience in design verification/validation, process verification/validation, and design/process failure modes and effects analyses (DFMEA's) is strongly preferred. CAD Inventor and Vault experience is a plus. Responsibilities for the Product Manager
Requirements for the Product Manager
- Lead and document project meetings to determine product and project requirements.
- Work with colleagues to assist in the development of test methods for product specifications (mechanical, electrical and sometimes software).
- Supervise Make or Buy Calculation efforts and modify for best results.
- Serve as the POC for external project leaders and design companies for the test-series, prototyping and industrialization for mass production.
- Participate in 5S, lean manufacturing and other continuous improvement initiatives.
- New product development and/or product engineering experience.
- 3+ years of experience in a regulated industry/ISO/FDA environment (preferably automotive, aerospace and/or medical device).
- Working knowledge of GD&T and drafting standards.
- Design/process failure modes and effects analyses (DFMEA), design validation and process verification is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of Make or Buy Analyses.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision.
- PTO and paid holidays.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Employee Performance Incentive Program with a target annual bonus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.