Contract position: We are searching for a Chemist in midtown Atlanta, GA to work at a leading beverage manufacturing company. This is a contract position that is expected to last a year and a half. Responsibilities for the Chemist
Requirements for the Chemist
- Performs the processing of raw plant materials and "wet" chemistry such as grinding extraction (e.g. solvent liquid-liquid solid-phase acid-base extractions etc.) derivatization.
- Conducts quantitative and qualitative testing of product samples for pH pigments polyphenols amino acids etc. using appropriate instrumentation/technology (e.g. UV spectroscopy colorimetry HPLC LC-MS etc.).
- Performs data process and generate reports.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and instrumentation (e.g. troubleshooting conducting preventative maintenance calibrating and repairing).
- Develop or validate laboratory test methods or equipment (sampling, monitoring, analytical procedures) in order to ensure reliability and accuracy of analytical results
- Identify, classify, maintain, and protect files, documentation and sensitive information consistent with record handling and retention requirements
- Bachelor's in Science required (Chemistry, Microbiology, Biology, Biochemistry)
- Experience working as a Chemist/Lab Technician in a similar environment
- Ability to analyze ingredients, syrups, beverages, concentrates or other substances using laboratory instruments.
- Knowledge and application of Good Laboratory Practices (e.g., preparation of standards and reagents, proper measuring techniques, data management, housekeeping)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.