Contract position: Nationwide manufacturer of on-site power generation systems is looking for 3 Field Service Technicians located in the Northern CA/ the South Bay Area, as far south as San Jose, north as San Mateo, and east as Fremont. This position will be responsible to service surrounding area for installation, commissioning, scheduled and emergency service on this clients power generation systems. Vehicle, laptop, phone and tools are provided.Responsibilities for the Field Service Technician
Requirements for the Field Service Technician
- Performs start-up / commissioning, preventive maintenance and unscheduled maintenance
- Works closely with customers, technical support and engineering to resolve escalated problems
- Identify and analyze root causes of system inefficiencies or failure
- Maintains test equipment, calibration items, and other job related materials
- Assist in system inspections
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma and 2+ years of relevant industry experience
- Electrical experience in any of the following: 3 phase systems, UPS (back-up power) systems, maintenance, electrical generation and distribution systems, power electronics, Automatic Transfer Switch Systems, and microprocessor based control platforms
- Strong Electro-Mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting/repair skills to include understanding of mechanical systems, piping, plumbing and valve operation
- Demonstrated experience with various test and measurement equipment, electrical codes and personnel safety products and procedures
- Experience with performing equipment maintenance in accordance with ANSI/NETA standard for Electrical Power
- Willingness to work OT, Holidays and off shift hours as needed
- Major Medical available and more
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.