Contract position: Our client in Torrance is looking for a Research Scientist who will execute the botanical science input activities to support innovation, by identifying, reviewing, and making recommendations for new or alternate ingredients for clients Nutrition products including targeted nutrition and botanically driven ingredients and products. The position accountabilities include considering and prototyping different formulation options to meet benefit and safety targets, as well as generating science and safety information for products and ingredients, to support the existing global product portfolioResponsibilities for the Scientist
Requirements for the Scientist
- Responsible for considering and prototyping different formulation options to meet benefit and safety targets, as well as generating science and safety information for products and ingredients, to support the existing global product portfolio.
- Research and lead the drafting of documents and summary reports regarding the safety and efficacy of ingredients and product formulas
- Develops new or improves existing formulations through a combination of discussions, scientific literature research, and ingredient benefit and safety review
- Collaborates with R&D Formulator, Marketing, Sourcing, Quality, Scientific Affairs, Regulatory Affairs and Government Affairs in project teams in which the Scientist holds chief scientific and nutritional expertise responsibility Suggests product changes or explores new product forms as required to meet financial constraints
- Contributes to and informs formulation development through interaction with R&D Formulator and Marketing partners Reviews ingredients and writes reports with recommendations to support innovation and identification of alternate ingredients for new product launches and presents them to the project team
- Master's degree with a major in a relevant scientific discipline is preferred but not required
- 5 years' combined experience in nutritional, botanical, food science, sports nutrition or pharmaceutical industry, or graduate/post-graduate school in relevant scientific discipline
- Business process orientation including adherence to New Product Process, testing protocols and appropriate Product Lifecycle Management (e.g. Agile) and laboratory notebook documentation
- 7 years of experience developing consumer packaged goods that are consumed orally.
- Contract Benefits available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.