Currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer for a contract position in Houston TX. The Senior Engineer oversees the design for facilities associated with expansion and maintenance capital projects. Experience in liquids pipeline facilities such as tanks, pumps, terminals, metering, and valves is preferred.
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 52 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Oversees the development of the project scope, schedule, capital cost estimate, execution planning, risks and supporting information related to assigned facility projects.
- Ensures that all facilities are designed in accordance with all regulations, applicable industry codes and corporate standards
- Manages the execution of the design deliverables by a third party engineering firm against the project budget and schedule
- Reviews and approves design deliverables for example drawings, technical reports and material listing sheets
- Reviews vendor materials quotations, evaluate technical bid evaluations, and recommends to the supervisor selections based on technical merit along with price and delivery. Collaborate with Supply Chain to procure material via internal tools. For example building packages, pipe, valves and fittings
- Reviews lessons learned from past projects and incorporates recommendations into future designs
- Provide technical support to Construction team during construction phases
- Provide technical guidance to junior engineers within the team or others based upon technical expertise
- Support and/or lead department initiatives as required
- 5+ years of mechanical engineering experience
- experience in liquids pipeline facilities such as tanks, pumps, terminals, metering, and valves is preferred.
skills: Experience in liquids pipeline facilities such as tanks, pumps, terminals, metering, and valves is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.