Prominent Manufacturing Engineer desired that Utilizes education, experience and technical knowledge to provide support and training with regard to assembly methods, tests, procedures, etc. Works closely with production technicians, product design engineers, and management to understand and improve manufacturing processes and product designs. Works under moderate supervision. Works with production to resolve issues in the short term to allow us to satisfy immediate customer demand, as well as learning how longer term "continuous improvement projects" are conducted in order to implement irreversible corrective actions. Significant interaction with Sales, Manufacturing Technicians, and other Engineers is required. #LI-TM2
location: Halifax, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 7am to 3pm
- Promote team work, cooperation and commitment to " Total Customer Satisfaction" among team members.
- Uses 3-D modeling software to modify designs, written procedures, Bill of Materials, and routers to improve manufacturing process.
- Working with design and production to ensure timely transfer of new products to production.
- Conduct continuous improvement projects on cost and quality manufacturing issues.
- Maintain a knowledge of applicable calibration methods.
- Learn special cause failures vs. common cause failures.
- Learn to use the Pareto principle to prioritize production issues.
- Analyze rejects from customers or manufacturing.
- Implement irreversible Corrective Actions, and Preventative Actions by using statistical process control techniques and error proofing hierarchy.
- Work with team to improve production yield, scrap reduction, and solve other product related issues.
- Learn to test and calibrate products.
- Perform other duties required for the operation of the Engineering Department
Education/Training: BS Engineering or 5yrs. equivalent experience.
- Basic computer skills
- Microsoft Office software
- 3-d modeling software
- Design of Experiments
- Shainin techniques
- Error proofing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.