Our client in Irvine is looking for a strong Manufacturing Engineer who will lead the Process Engineering department in operating with a high level of efficiency, integrity, and enthusiasm.
location: Irvine, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Directs Manufacturing Engineering Technicians on their assigned lines in the observation of machine and line performance, and provide guidance in the determination of the necessary steps to achieve optimum machine and process efficiency.
· Provides training to Manufacturing Engineering Technicians and Manufacturing Engineering Assistants in subjects such as equipment maintenance and repair; machine programming and optimization; and part-data (PD) file creation.
· Interfaces with Line Supervisors, Machine Support Manager, and Manufacturing Engineers to determine corrective actions needed to optimize machine efficiency and effectiveness (yields). Creates, documents and implements procedures that ensure continued operational excellence throughout the plant(s).
· As required, provides expertise and direction to Manufacturing Engineering Technicians and Machine Support Technicians on machine adjustments, repairs or other demand-maintenance activities.
· Manages the coverage of Manufacturing Engineering Technician duties in assigned plant(s) if an MET is absent due to vacation, illness, training or some other reason. On certain occasions, perform those duties if and when a critical need arises.
· Assists Manufacturing Engineers in determining optimum process performance by assisting with I.R. reflow profiles, wave solder profiles, screen printing of solder paste, designing and manufacturing of necessary tooling, and suggestions for design for manufacturing (DFM).
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills
- I.R. reflow profiles, wave solder profiles, screen printing of solder paste, designing and manufacturing of necessary tooling, and suggestions for design for manufacturing (DFM)
- Continuous improvement, direct manufacturing technicians, equipment maintenance, machine programming, PD File creation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.