Construction Manager opportunity with a client located in the Altoona, PA area. Client is looking for someone with large project experience (15MM plus) to assist the Project Manager in managing the installation and completion of energy saving improvements at county water / wastewater facilities.
location: Altoona, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 50 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: High School
- Assists PM to schedule and manage pre-construction meetings, subcontractor and owner's meetings
- Monitor quality and safety of the subcontractors on various sites, adhering to OSHA standards
- Work daily with customer and subcontractors to resolve unforeseen issues with the project
- Coordinate collection of sign off sheets as well as collect and write daily reports of project progress
- Keep projects running on schedule, coordinate with other subcontractors, order inspections, etc.
- Ensure installed work meets specifications and resolve punch list items upon project completion
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary by Project Manager
- Approximately 5 or more years related construction experience with large construction project experience 15MM or greater
- Experience with HVAC, electrical, power generation, steam, chilled water, hot water, control design, and/or mechanical systems is a plus
- Experience with Water/ Wastewater projects is a plus
- OSHA 30 Hours Mandatory, Federal and State safety regulations experience is a plus
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to interface effectively with a diverse workforce and customer base
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret mechanical and engineering periodicals and schematics, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations
- Maturity and professionalism to effectively handle frequent exposure to senior management, as well as with external organizations, customers, and the public
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.