Immediate opening for a Mechanical Design Engineer in the Grand Rapids, MI area. This person will need a strong 3D Modeling background (ideally with Solidworks) and will need experience engineering and designing industrial machines and equipment, tooling, and/or fixtures. The salary is commensurate with experience ranging from $60K to $75K, plus OT and an opportunity for a year-end bonus. LOCAL candidates only at this time. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Utilize engineering principles to design new products or modify existing ones for customers' requests and sales needs
- Develop engineering detail and assembly documentation to support tooling quotations and manufacturing preparations
- Request prototypes from outside suppliers to be used for engineering performance, concept evaluation, and reliability testing
- BS degree preferably, but specific experience will be highly considered.
- 4+ years of experience utilizing a 3D design software program, SolidWorks is preferred
- 4+ years of hands-on experience working in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Strong experience designing machines, equipment, tooling, fixtures, etc.
skills: Strong solidworks user would be ideal
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.