Immediate opening for a Heavy Vehicle Equipment Industrial Mechanic Manager. The right candidate must be willing and able to manually perform required Heavy Equipment troubleshooting, repair and installation. Relocation assistance will be offered for the right person.
location: Saint Louis, Missouri
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
- Directly supervise the quality, production, and cost objectives in a scrap processing plant
- Troubleshooting of operational and equipment issues
- Practice continuous quality improvement
- Identify corrective measures and assignment of daily department schedules
- Supervise a union workforce
- Perform heavy equipment mechanical troubleshooting, repair and installs, welding techniques, electrical, and hydraulics
- 4+ years of supervisory experience, ideally in a union environment
- Valid State of Missouri Commercial Driver's License (CDL A)
- Must pass Department of Transportation Physical Exam
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Missouri Vehicle Inspector license
- High School Diploma required, some college preferred
- Previous supervisory experience, ideally of a union workforce.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Knowledge of safety procedures, traffic laws, department of transportation/federal highway regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.