Very reputable and growing manufacturer is looking to hire a plant manager for the Miami, Florida area.
The ideal candidate will be Bilingual and possess plant management experience with a focus on safety, quality, production, supply chain/logistics, Lean manufacturing/continuous improvement and P&L experience.
This role comes with an excellent compensation plan commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $125k to $150k plus a 30% bonus opportunity and relocation assistance.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Hialeah, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $125,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Direct manufacturing operations to meet plans, establish operations planning that serves the needs of the business.
- Develop the manufacturing organization to include training recommendations and implementation, mentoring, coaching and effectively leading the manufacturing organization.
- Evaluate the manufacturing organization's strengths and weaknesses, taking appropriate action to help ensure long term health and productivity, resulting in a high performance culture.
- Develop, implement and monitor annual goals and objectives for the manufacturing organization that support the accomplishment of strategic and financial objectives for the company.
- Lead the company effort to improve plant efficiency, continually improving the use of labor and materials through the implementation of appropriate manufacturing efficiency tools and principles.
- Support safety programs, policies and practices that foster a safe work environment.
- Ensure continuing compliance to all quality standards, working closely with engineering to ensure that quality measures and product specifications and requirements are met.
- Develop annual capital and manufacturing expense plans that support the attainment of strategic and financial objectives.
- Establish a budget and resource plan for site manufacturing operations, monitor and perform within forecasted expense and related manufacturing targets.
- Develop a cost reduction roadmap to achieve manufacturing product cost targets.
- Support all aspects of new product introductions via a product life cycle management phase-gate process for release readiness and risk mitigation.
- Play a lead role in the identification and selection of contract manufacturers with the ultimate goal of bringing high-quality, cost effective products to market on an accelerated timeline.
Perform other related duties as directed by the Vice President of Manufacturing
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor degree in Business operations management, Engineering or related discipline; advanced degree coupled with an MBA preferred.
- Fifteen plus years in Manufacturing Operation leadership roles, with demonstrated site leadership capability.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple production lines and manufacturing related functions and departments; a background in chemical processing and/or in paper making operations is a plus.
- The ability to lead cross-functionally through influence and persuasion.
- Strong Business Acumen, excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- The ability to build teams, shape culture improvements, make timely decisions and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Bilingual in Spanish is required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.