Senior Project Engineer is involved in engineering projects, from initiation to commissioning to product support. The position coordinates project execution and control to achieve continuity of purpose within scope, budget, and time schedules. He/she is responsible for developing, planning, executing, monitoring, and controlling capital projects. The position executes engineering and design requirements to furnish the deliverables set forth in sales contracts, defines the systems and equipment described in the order, and ensures that systems comply with and function to customer specifications. Reporting to the Vice President of Engineering, the position provides leadership and direction to the engineering department while handling specific design aspects on projects appropriate to his/her discipline field.
location: Grafton, Wisconsin
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Coordinates efforts of design team to ensure completeness and accuracy of design effort.
- Provides work direction to engineering support staff.
- Manages project design engineering and engineering support from inception to completion, including field start-up support.
- Troubleshoots uncommon product field performance issues via phone or travel as needed.
- Provides quotes and proposals as needed to support sales efforts.
- Creates approval documentation for mechanical designs.
- Reviews system design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, contract requirements, and related codes and specifications.
- Makes system component selections while generating a project Piping and Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID).
- Reviews customer drawings and other applicable specifications to determine requirements, feasibility, and cost of engineered to order products.
- Reviews and approves production drawings, adding recommendations to enhance design, reduce costs or increase production efficiency.
- Works well in both collaborative and independent environments, effectively communicating with internal and external customers.
- Participates on cross functional teams to address new design issues and resolve problems to ensure the continuous, ongoing improvement of processes and methods.
- Provides technical direction on product install and owners' manuals as well as sales literature.
- Provides technical support for purchasing functions in identifying critical design features on purchased parts, and supplier qualifications.
- Plans and conducts project kickoff meetings with customers and internal staff.
- Serves as technical liaison for staff, partners, and clients.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering - Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, or Industrial preferred
- Five or more years of related experience
- Licensed PE (preferred)
- Ability to travel 25-30% of the time and effectively represent the company
- Ability to work with CAD software including 3D solid modeling and 2D drawings
- Previous experience with SolidWorks (preferred)
- Ability to understand and solve a wide variety of technical problems with little guidance
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely in writing and other presentation formats
- Strong ability to lead projects while identifying value engineering and additional cost savings opportunities
- Previous experience with compressed air systems or other pressure piping systems (preferred)
- Strong team player, willing to learn from experienced staff and capable of introducing positive changes
- Results Driven
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Diplomatic and Professional
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.