Seeking a Automation and Robotics Engineer who will manage complex projects, prepare equipment protocols, reports, and test plans. The candidate will create control system specifications and designs.
location: Billerica, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Offer recommendations and subsequent implementation of improvements to equipment and processes to maximize productivity in support of operational goals.
- Programming of Cobots & Robots
- Integration between PLC's, robot and process/environment control systems
- Ability to identify applications for successful cobot/robot implementation
- Establish the strategy for and lead the execution of factory automation and data management (examples SCADA, OPC servers, CMS and factory communications systems)
- Optimize production processes by identifying and implementing improvements to enhance the performance of existing equipment and processes. (examples batch process automation and control and inline analytical instrumentation)
- Responsible for design, development, and installation of PLC based control systems for Manufacturing equipment
- Capability to define and manage factory wide communications systems, for control and monitoring of facilities equipment and processes
- Programming and integration of computer-based systems, MMI, and PLC data acquisition and factory supervisory networks
- Develop AC/DC power distribution, control/pneumatic cabinet designs and layouts, to include electrical schematics.
- Capability to read Interpret and draw, piping and instrumentation diagrams
- Design and release electrical designs that are OSHA Class 1 Division I, II compliant
- Provide technical assistance to the manufacturing floor in support of existing and new equipment.
- Conduct design reviews for new equipment and modification to existing systems
- Ensure compliance with company policies and business practices including Semi, cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practices) and ISO (International Organization for Standardization) requirements
- Bachelor degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 5 + years related engineering experience
- Experience with A-B PLC-5's, SLC-500's, Micrologix, Panelviews, Omron CJ/C200 series PLC's and NT/NS series HMI programming
- Knowledge of proper design of grippers and parts presentation/feeding in automated assembly processes
- Ability to perform Safety Risk assessment and PFMEA to understand safety of people, system & product
- Experience using CX-Programmer, CX-Designer, RSLogix, RSView and PanelView software
- Experience with networking such as DeviceNet and Ethernet
- Experience with RS-232 and RS-485 communications
- Ability to analyze interactions between equipment/process/product and provide control system solution where possible
- Excellent equipment troubleshooting and production system analytical skills
- Strong project management competence (methods and software). Experienced in project plan development, execution and follow through, with a successful history of meeting project deadlines
- Ability to manage complex and multiple projects with minimum supervision and manage changing priorities and short time constraints
- Knowledge of OSHA safety guarding and Interlocks
- Proficient computer skills (MS Windows, MS Office applications, MS Project)
- Working knowledge of Programming Language Visual Basic minimum
- Working knowledge of statistical software a plus (e.g., Minitab)
- Proficient with Autocad, Solidworks or similar 3D-Modeling software
skills: PLCs, HMIs, Robotics, Manufacturing, Automation, Programming
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.