A Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor is needed for a leading forestry product manufacturing organization near Augusta, GA. The Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for ensuring all installations and repairs are completed to maintenance scope and specification.
Qualified candidates must have 3+ years' of maintenance supervisory experience within a paper or forestry product manufacturing organization. A BS in engineering is preferred. Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates.
location: Augusta, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $77,000 - 96,300 per year
work hours: 7am to 3pm
education: High School
- Direct responsibility for hourly Mechanical Maintenance personnel; Ensure that proper safety practices are followed
- Coordinates with Maintenance Planners to ensure that all preventive maintenance activities are scheduled and completed
- Lead daily maintenance planning and coordination meetings to help prioritize scheduled; Provide technical assistance and creative thinking during planning and coordination meetings to deliver the most cost-effective solutions to mechanical and instrumentation issues
- Work with reliability group to ensure that downtime preventive maintenance programs or permanent mechanical equipment modifications are put in place to address the root cause of downtime and quality issues
- Prioritize work to be performed by mechanics; consult with Reliability & Planning Engineers on work to be contracted to outside services
- 3+ years' of maintenance supervisory experience within a paper mill or forestry product manufacturer
- BS in Engineering preferred
- Experience with reliability centered maintenance
- Prior supervisory experience
- Proficiency with SAP CMMS Preferred
- Proficient with MS Office
- Strong leadership skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.