Specialty drainage systems company is seeking a CAD Technician for a direct opportunity in their Rocky Hill, CT office. Qualified candidates will have CAD experience in civil engineering, experience with AutoCAD and possibly Inventor (a plus). This position supports the Engineering Product Managers and Sales teams across the US and is responsible for layout of specialty systems and preparation of drawings and details. Additional qualifications and responsibilities detailed below. Excellent company culture and work environment.
location: Rocky Hill, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $52,000 - 67,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
responsibilities: Responsibilities for the CAD Drafter
- Layout of pipe systems given site specific constraints
- Preparation of drawings and details
- Integration of other products and systems into the system design
- Assist with preparation of materials estimates for the sales teams.
- Communication with customers and vendors.
- Project management and data entry in company database
qualifications: Requirements for the CAD Drafter
- 1+ year of CAD drafting/detailing for civil engineering projects
- 2 year technical degree in Computer Aided Drafting preferred, or Associates in Civil Engineering.
- Experience with AutoCAD required; Experience with Inventor a plus
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Must be willing to communicate internally and externally via phone, e-mail etc.
- Fun, team environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.