Tech company is seeking a Nanofabrication Enginer to assist with the operation of lithography, clean, deposition, metrology and plasma tooling to build optoelectronic structures. This Engineer will be working closely with research staff to perform and execute the design of experiments and documentation. Will be using AFM, SEM, FIB, profilometry and other metrology tools to characterize substrate and its typography to assist with fabrication flow. The ideal candidate has 5+ years experience working within a cleanroom lab, exxperience working with tooling machines, experience with nanofabrication and ability to troubleshoot processes.
location: Redmond, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 64 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Work closely with the research staff, and other lab staff to execute the design of experiments
- Operate Lithography, Clean, Deposition, Metrology, and Plasma tooling to build novel optoelectronic structures
- Utilize AFM, SEM, FIB, profilometry, or other metrology tools to characterize substrate and its topography to assist with the fabrication flow
- Work with research staff and engineering staff to analyze properties and performance of fabricated structures
- Follow all safety protocols. Identify gaps in protocol and make recommendations for improvement proactively
- Document the results of the characterization
- Support staff for tool modifications and maintenance
- 5+ years of experience working in cleanroom labs
- Bachelor or Master in Materials Science, Chemistry, Engineering, Physics or related subject
- Experience developing and troubleshooting processes for plasma etch, EBL, dep (CVD, ALD, sputtering), lift-off, plating etc.
- Knowledge of industrial semiconductor nanofabrication processes & support metrology
- Experience with nanofabrication of photonics/plasmonic passive/active devices preferred
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Able to perform focused and accurate work in a flexible development environment
- Comfortable working with ambiguities and high-risk high-reward projects
- Quick learner with better than average Fab processing skills
- Good understanding of Statistical Process Control, Design of Experiments principles and application
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.