Air separation manufacturer and division of a fortune 200 company is seeking a Senior Project Engineer. Under direction from the engineering director be the single, day-to-day project engineering lead for assigned project client(s), to manage overall project budget performance, schedule progress, expedite execution of engineering design collation and transmittal of engineering documentation deliverables and support for field construction resolve any follow-up requirements. Manage spending, on-time delivery and client and vendor communications so as to ensure quality, delivery and on-target results for assigned project(s). RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $130,000 - 170,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Lead assigned projects to successful conclusion, managing budget, schedule and deliverables to scope.
- Lead project meetings to collect and disseminate information pertaining to projects(s).
- Manage performance to meet critical deadlines and project milestones
- Prepare technical specifications for external vendor quotations.
- Lead technical qualification and approval of vendors and third party engineering work.
- Manage creation of bills of material, detailed procedures and instructions, specifications as required.
- Document change orders in required format.
- Schedule and monitor project progress to help achieve "on-time" and "on-budget" results including follow-up with external suppliers to ensure timely response to action items.
- Maintain and report ongoing project forecasts utilizing typical capital project tools and techniques
- Maintain project records for future retrieval of engineering data.
- Coordinate the collection and dissemination of project technical, progress and reporting information both in the company and to the client.
- Lead the project quality process.
- Bachelor's degree in a core Engineering discipline
- 7 years direct customer and supplier interaction leading capital engineering projects to successful conclusion
- Willingness to travel 30% of the time
skills: Chemical plant project management experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.