Our client in Irvine CA is looking to hire a chemical engineer who will plan and implement a chemical data inventory spanning all clients' products and business units.
location: Irvine, California
job type: Contract
salary: $46.00 - 46.25 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Identify potential sources for chemical data both internal and external to the company.
- Organize the information from the various sources into a data structure that allows inclusion of all data sources.
- Write protocols for the collection of the chemical data from identified sources.
- Collect the information from the various sources and enter the information into a system of record.
- Prepare reports on the data collection effort.
- Attend and/or conduct cross-functional meetings to review data collection progress.
- Create technical justifications for the use of specific chemicals in existing products. This includes execution of experimental protocols and collection of paper based (prior experimental results) to write the chemical use justifications.
- Revise existing and write new SOPs to support changes in process to capture required chemical information going forward.
Bachelor's Degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or Chemistry. Experience working in a medical device, pharmaceutical industry and/or laboratory environment preferred.
- Strict attention to detail
- Good computer skills in usage of MS Office Suite
- Experience with database entry and design (Access, MS-SQL Server or Oracle)
- Good documentation, communication (e.g., written and verbal) and interpersonal relationship skills including consultative and relationship management skills
- Solid understanding and knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to a laboratory testing environment
- Solid problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Solid understanding of processes and equipment used in assigned work
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
- Product Stewardship
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.