We are searching for a Manufacturing Engineer in Jacksonville, FL to work for an expanding manufacturing company. This is a contract position that could last until the end of the year.
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 47 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Provides engineering support to operations by recommending and implementing changes to processes, components and equipment, taking all aspects of manufacturing into consideration.
- Develops and implements capital solutions, from scope development through installation and successful production. Troubleshoots problems in manufacturing and provides solutions.
- Will provide technical assistance for production line supervisors on day-to-day issues to ensure the production of quality products in sufficient quantities to meet customer requirements.
- Provides technical assistance for line personnel to resolve problems discovered during the blending, filling, packaging and labeling processes as well as on special projects where technical knowledge is required to complete assigned tasks.
- Develops finished goods product costing and routing for new and modified production requirements; develops and maintains data base for manufacturing attributes.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience implementing new production lines for capital expansion projects
- Experience with filling lines is ideal
- Must have strong technical problem solving skills; mechanical aptitude; good project management skills for developing scope and implementing changes in plants or processes; proficiency in computer applications including CAD, spreadsheet, word processing, chart, graphics, data base and engineering software; excellent organization and follow-up skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to organize and prioritize work assignments; ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment; ability to analyze situations and respond in a timely manner;
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.