Permanent position: Leading manufacturer is looking to hire a 2nd Shift Receiving Supervisor. This position will be located in Talladega, AL area. Experience with Lean Manufacturing or Continuous Improvement along with with clear communication skills and excellent decision making skills.
location: Talladega, Alabama
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 3pm to 12am
- Execute material replenishment processes that work with lean pull systems (Kan Ban) to maximize turns and availability according to customer
- Provides leadership and supervision to Shipping/Receiving and Material Handlers to ensure that material is processed promptly, consistent with Lean principles (one piece flow, 5S, Standard Work), stored appropriately, transacted properly and is at all times visible.
- Manages and updates inventory control systems.
- Supports and drives the conversion of MRP replenishment to Kan Ban in all cases where appropriate, leading to customer service and inventory plan objectives.
- Minimum 5 years in a Materials Management and/or Transportation capacity.
- Minimum 5 years Leadership role with direct supervisory responsibility.
- Solid Lean experience and skills
- 3 weeks' vacation, annual bonus and 5% match on 401k
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.