Direct hire- Director of Sales and Strategy Growth is needed in Milwaukee, WI. We have a local client seeking a strong sales leader. Candidate must have a background from within Manufacturing and have strong sales experience with global sales. Ideal candidate has a MBA with 10 + years of experience with sales/product development and global selling.
Role reports directly to the President. Strong pay, 25% travel required, great culture, benefits and up to 30% in profit sharing.
location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
job type: Permanent
salary: $140,000 - 160,000 per year
work hours: 6am to 3pm
- Develop a multi-year growth plan that ensures sustainable profitability in a diversity of end-markets.
- Lead development and execution of strategic sales and marketing plans to achieve growth objectives.
- Lead the sales team to achieve annual goals and long-term growth and business development priorities.
- Provide required support to maintain current customer base and solicit new customers through effective selling, engineering, innovation and customer service to create value.
- Manage all customer facing activities including new business tracking, accounts receivable, forecasting, business planning, and all aspects of the customer relationship and experience.
- Develop relationships at different levels within strategic accounts. Seek the voice of the customer and maintain an intimate knowledge of future opportunities/changes and the state of the relationships at all key accounts.
- Conduct visits and discovery sessions with potential customers, supply partners, acquisition targets, machine manufacturers, suppliers and customers to identify new product opportunities.
- Support and/or lead annual or multi-year contract negotiations at customers where these arrangements are in place.
- Price products to meet profitability objectives while balancing competitive dynamics.
- Manage the prospecting and development of new product lines and extensions of existing product offerings.
- Implement processes and technologies to improve speed and cost to market to provide a competitive advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to take the output of marketing research documents and detailed reports and translate that information into market/key customer opportunities.
- Demonstrated success in creating and selling specific value propositions to new and existing key customers
- Follow Environmental, Quality and Safety Management System procedures and requirements.
- Ability to meet the essential job requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation, as outlined in the job description.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, or a related degree.
Ten plus years' experience in sales and marketing management in a manufacturing organization.
Demonstrated project management, strategic planning, and new market development experience/results.
Ability to gain commitment and build strategic relationships within the organization, suppliers, and customers.
Experience in customer facing sales with proven record of successful revenue growth in new markets.
Experience in target setting and managing towards a long-term vision.
Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to motivate, manage, and develop direct reports.
Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills.
Strong verbal, written, presentation and negotiating skills.
Willingness to travel internationally (25%)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS :
MBA or related advanced degree.
Experience in managing a globally distributed organization.
Five plus years' experience in new product and/or market development, M&A, or corporate business development.
Knowledge of related metals manufacturing processes.
Strong network of industry contacts and connections
Experience transitioning a business into new customers, products and markets
skills: Product development, strong experience from within manufacturing, global selling, willing to travel 25%, must have at least a Bachelors degree and strong communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.