Currently seeking an Embedded Test Engineer for an exciting position in Houston TX. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated to work with a talented team and make an immediate impact to the organization
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Creates, modifies and manages software and hardware test methodologies.
- Troubleshoot driver related issue.
- Supports new product development process and introduction, time integrated planning, and conducting Functional Testing of the complete unit and at the component level.
- Performs new product introduction test validation, develop test solutions for new product introduction platforms and process walkthrough
- Supports new product introduction readiness and training.
- Responsible for directing testing and supporting test operators on test issues.
- Collects and analyzes first pass test yield data and perform test gap analysis.
- Evaluates and improves test software, assess data with quality team and supports the implementation of 5S methodologies.
- Design/modify SQL Queries and Views.
- Translates concepts and information for trainers, engineering Techs and test operators in support of personnel development and processes improvements.
- BS degree in electronics/electrical engineering or computer science ; M.S. preferred
- 3 to 6 years of relevant testing experience
- Experience in test development utilizing C# /C++
- Experience in SQL/MySQL database
- Experience with Imaging solutions/applications is a plus (Ex: Symantec Ghost, Microsoft DISM, Acronis)
- Experience with hardware diagnostic solutions
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required
- Understanding engineering drawings and specifications
- Computer skills: MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint), Visio, Project
- Data analysis capability
- Technical writing ability
skills: team work, able to work in a fast paced environment, strong communication
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.