The Sustaining R&D Engineer role is a key technical function that supports manufacturing sites and divisional functions, globally. This candidate will be responsible for owning existing product designs for Critical Care Operations Engineering. In this role, this candidate will guide the establishment, evaluation, and reporting of test criteria to assess device performance. The team works in a collaborative and dynamically challenging environment with cross-functional partners to define and accomplish the development and validation strategies
location: Irvine, California
job type: Contract
salary: $47.00 - 47.25 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Develop, evaluate, and report device performance testing.
- Maintain accurate documentation of concepts, designs, drawings and procedures.
- Execute validations of equipment and testing procedures.
- Perform root cause analysis and/or engineering studies to estimate design variation and develop acceptable design specifications.
- Solve design, process, and testing problems at the component through system level.
- Provide subject matter expertise in matters of design control for establish Critical Care products.
- Support technical assessments to regulatory agencies for international submissions, globally.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Scientific field with 2 years related work experience Required or Master's Degree and internship, senior projects or thesis in Engineering or Scientific field with including either industry or industry/education Required
- Experience with laboratory test measurement devices such as pressure transducers, flow sensors, electrical testing, and data acquisition software.
- Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals, and an ability to deconstruct real world issues into root engineering causes.
- Robust statistical skills and analytical thinking.
- Must be able to work with minimum to moderate supervision, approach problems with a technical mindset and think creatively.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Traveling is 10% - 20%.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.