Growing and established manufacturer is looking for a Senior Business Analyst, this role will be located in the Chicago area.
The ideal candidate will possess experience partnering with engineering and New Product Development teams to identify business opportunities for system and process enhancements. Proficiency with JD Edwards 9.1 or exposure to JD Edwards Configurator is very desirable.
This role comes with a very attractive compensation plan commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $120k to $150k plus bonus and relocation assistance.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Working directly with the Engineering, Product Innovation and New Product Development Teams - elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements for delivering the following artifacts as needed: functional requirements (business requirements document), i.e. use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs).
- Utilize experience using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies required.
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers.
- Drive and challenge the business on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Strong analytical and project management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, customers and subject matter experts.
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the system configuration and development teams through which requirements flow.
- Develop requirement specifications according to standard templates, using natural language to be interpreted to the development team.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Be the liaison between the business, technology teams and support teams.
- Responsible for translating the business requirements into Configuration of the company systems, and ongoing maintenance and support of the configuration.
- Develop and maintain business process mapping.
- Stewardship of the master data.
- Develop test scenarios, test plans and coordinate unit and integration testing with the users
- 8-12 years of experience in business analyst role or related field
- Bachelor's Degree
- JD Edwards 9.1; Exposure to JD Edwards Configurator
- Solidworks; SolidWorks Enterprise PDM
- Microsoft Visual Studio (C++, C#, Visual Basic)
- Java (Eclipse)
- Oracle SQL Developer
- SQL Server
- AutoCAD R14-2014
- Capable of producing functional requirements, including business rules, use cases, process flows and proof of concepts
- A self-starter who can work alone or as part of a larger project team
- Ability to articulate business strategies, and collaborate with cross functional teams
- ERP knowledge preferred
- Experience in online product configuration and pricing desired
- Experience in data analytics
- Business & functional analysis capability
- Ability to engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Consulting, collaborative & diagnosis skills
- Customer focused & able to extract correct business requirement information -strong communicator
- Strong interpersonal skills (working with a range of business users)
- Business awareness (understanding of the core business functions - Engineering,
- Finance, Sales & Marketing, Distribution, Warehousing, Operations, Supply Chain etc.)
- Good presentation / facilitation skills
- Understanding of standard systems project methodology
- A structured thinker, but with the ability to think outside the box
- Seen by the business as the person who understands the area and processes, both inside and outside
- Individual who works closely with the key managers and executives in the business area of Engineering, Product Innovation and New Product Development
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.