Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible design, validation, and other engineering activities which bring new products to market. You will provide engineering input to the product development projects including interfacing with the cross functional team consisting of engineering, operations (industrial engineering, production, and material procurement), sourcing, quality, service, and marketing.
location: Waukesha, Wisconsin
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 40 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Designs, validates, and brings new products to market.
- Specifies precise new product functional requirements; designs, tests and integrates a variety of moderately complex components to produce final designs; and evaluates the design's overall effectiveness, cost (including cost/benefit analysis), reliability (risk analysis), and safety.
- Designs, develops, executes and evaluates fitness-for-use testing, product specifications and process validation plans for a variety of moderately complex products and/or components; creates and reviews material part specifications and bills of materials.
- Collaborates with internal manufacturing partners, contract manufacturers, designers and product specialists to optimize moderately complex designs for manufacturability.
- Utilizes CAD (Computer Aided Design) or CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) systems to model new designs and produce detailed engineering drawings.
- Supporting product development plans (schedule, product cost, meeting design inputs)
- Acts as a resource to mentor and teach less experienced engineers.
- Travel to other facilities as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related discipline;
- 5+ years of relevant work experience;
- Ability to perform detail oriented work with a high degree of accuracy on multiple projects;
- Design experience with a variety of materials (ie plastics, aluminum castings, sheet metal) and basic knowledge of material specs and use;
- Experience in new product design and development;
- Ability to conduct analysis using FEA, CFD, etc.
- Demonstrated written communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to translate technical information to all audiences;
- Applies engineering knowledge and experience to improve products, services and processes;
- Technical Skills to include 3D modeling (ProE or SolidWorks);
- MS Excel, MS Word;
- Experience with machine design;
- Previous experience with SAP or equivalent ERP.
- Electrical harnessing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.