Our client, a leading provider of forklifts and other materials handling equipment in North Carolina, is seeking an experienced Product Design Engineer. Successful candidate will design and develop special option assemblies and components for the Special Truck Engineering team. Candidate will provide design input for new products and retrofit existing components based on customer requirements. This position offers a comprehensive benefits package, great work environment, and the potential for permanent employment within the first year, apply now!
location: Greenville, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $27 - 35 per hour
work hours: 8am to 6pm
- Develop products for cost effective manufacturing processes, and provide on-site engineering support for new designs.
- Provide design specification documentation required to manufacture the product such as detail drawings, engineering list structure, and ECN writing.
- Provide design/test input to project proposals, and develop design and evaluation concepts which enable program and project decisions.
- Order prototype components, and assist with the assembly and testing of prototype units.
- B.S. in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 3+ years of design experience, preferably in automotive industry.
- Specialized knowledge/skill in drafting practices, CAD, engineering analysis, design layouts, and electrical design.
- Experience in the scheduling of projects and new designs.
- Excellent communication & teamwork skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.