Contracts Manager for Immediate direct consideration in the Windsor CT area. The right person will have a professional attitude and be responsible for preparing proposals, negotiating contracts, and administering commercial and government contract in accordance with company policies and State and Federal requirements as dictated by ITAR and FAR regulations. This person will prepare export applications in accordance with export compliance laws, obtaining export licenses. Knowledge of ITAR and DFAR regulations as it pertains to exporting of goods. Must have BS degree, and 5 years related experience, manufacturing preferred.
location: South Windsor, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Conduct thorough reviews of all aspects of customer contracts to ensure, (i) that the contract accurately reflects our quote and (ii) all terms and conditions are acceptable.
- Negotiate price or any exceptions prior to acceptance of a contract.
- Process orders through Order Entry system in MAPICS. Management of the contracts file, to include amendment distribution, correspondence record, test reports, progress reports and other data as dictated by the contract. Work in a team environment.
- Liaison with Sales, Production, and Customer to ensure timelines and milestones are achieved and customer is informed.
- Prepare export applications in accordance with export compliance laws, obtaining export licenses. Knowledge of ITAR and DFAR regulations as it pertains to exporting of goods.
- Maintain 5-year registration with US/Canada Joint Certification Office and annual registrations with Central Contractor Regulations (CCR), ORCA and other Government agencies.
- Adhere to Company's standards, and Quality and Customer Satisfaction policies, to ensure that the best value approach is provided to Government Contracts and Customers.
- Coordinate logistics with shipping to ensure that documents prepared for shipping/exporting of goods are complete and adhere to US and International exporting regulations.
- Prepare customer invoices.
- Bachelor's degree required
- A minimum of 5-years experience in the field.
- Manufacturing experience a plus.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Well organized and able to manage daily work, multi-task and work in a fast paced
- Ability to keep records.
- Light travel schedule required. Annual visits to customer base or as required.
skills: manufacturing, ITAR, MAPICS, DFAR, Communication, exporting regulations, professional, organized
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.