A unique opportunity for a growing modular manufacturing company in the Austin,TX area for a Estimator in modular construction projects! Ideal candidate will have a Bachelors Degree and 3-5 years experience providing cost estimates based on calculations including materials, vendors, and internal labor with an understanding of framing, finishes, plumbing, mechanical, and electrical elements. Local candidates preferred, not eligible for sponsorship.
location: Manor, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $64,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Generates creative design solutions within the functional parameters of project for proposals.
- Generates creative functional solutions working with Production Team.
- Gather and present product submittal data as required for customer or management approval.
- Performs tasks required to develop and maintain budgets for a project. This includes reorganizing budgets resulting from a change in means and methods as well as updating budgets for additional work activities.
- Resolves discrepancies in costs by collecting and analyzing information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Identify and verify changes to be properly reflected in the production system cost forecast and assess impacts.
- Maintains cost database by entering and updating material and labor assumptions in the ERP system.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications.
- Bachelor's Degree in construction science, engineering, business or equivalent
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Experience working with project management software
- Good understanding of construction means and methods for framing, finishes, plumbing, mechanical, electrical, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to present confidently.
- Have strong planning skills and be able to collaborate.
- Strong attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Able to juggle multiple priorities.
- Must have strengths in conceptual design and technical excellence.
- Must exhibit strong client relations experience and capabilities.
- Able to assess & mitigate risk, manage change, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to complete reports and logs.
skills: Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, detail-oriented
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.