EHS Coordinator is needed for a leading industrial manufacturer or material used in the automotive industry located in Novi, MI. Role is responsible for the development, implementation and coordination of procedures, work instructions, and remediation of EHS policies. Candidate must have Bachelor's Degree in Safety Engineering, Environmental Science or related field required (Entry level candidates are encouraged to apply). Must have experience with or understanding of EHS Management Systems (ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001). This is a long term contract opportunity with possibility to turn permanent. APPLY NOW!
location: Novi, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory and EHS requirements
- Support EHS safety training, incident investigation, compliance, and building a safety culture
- Support operations to maintain ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certifications.
- Define regulatory threats and business opportunities and remediation to eliminate risks
- Develop EHS training programs and facilitate training programs
- Support the construction, installation, and commissioning of assigned teams
- Bachelor's Degree in Safety Engineering, Environmental Science or related field required (Entry level candidates are encouraged to apply)
- Experience in EHS related position in an industrial or laboratory setting
- Knowledge and skills in development, implementation and maintenance of health and safety programs/activities
- Experience with or understanding of EHS Management Systems (ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Contractor benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, etc.)
- PTO plan
- Growth opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.