Engineering client involved in high voltage electric Transmission Line EPC projects is looking for a Mid Level Transmission Line Design Engineer for a long term contract opportunity with a possibility of it being a permanent job from the beginning. You need 3-10 total years of engineering & design experience on major transmission lines ranging from 69kV to 500kV. This position is located in either Dallas or Ft. Worth, TX. The client prefers local candidates, but may offer a per diem for candidate that are not local.
location: Dallas, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Perform & oversee overhead transmission line based calculations, including sag-tension, wire blowout, swing angle, damper recommendation, structure spotting, clearance reports, wire selection, etc
- Prepare construction, hardware, & material specifications for HV OH T-Line projects
- Prepare plan and profile drawings for high voltage overhead transmission line
- Assist in developing project scope, proposals, estimates, and budgets
- Develop engineering documents, specifications, and procedures
- Responsible for Structure design & development as well as Hardware design & selection
- 3-10 years of experience as a Transmission Line Design Engineer involved in civil and structural design for electric transmission lines in the 69-kV to 500-kV voltage range
- You need a broad range of transmission line design experience including steel pole, concrete pole, and wood pole structure design; foundation design; conductor selection; hardware assembly selection and design; wire sag and tension design; transmission line survey specification and coordination; line and structure siting; and environmental compliance.
- You need experience with the design of new transmission lines, rebuilds of existing lines, and thermal uprating of existing lines
- You must be proficient with using PLS-CADD software to design these transmission lines
- You need a BS or MS degree in an Engineering (Civil preferred)
- A PE license is considered a PLUS
- Must be proficient in using PLSCAD software
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.