Validation and Certification Engineer
Validation and Certification Engineer has overall day to day oversight and responsibility for product Validation testing and wireless Certification. This position requires an engineer that can provide guidance on the creation of appropriate tests for automotive, construction and agriculture industry. Employee has to be an expert on Validation and Certifications, act as a liaison between the test lab and the engineering team, and as primary point of contact to guide the full Validation and Certification process. Within Validation, the position has to be responsible for the coordination and execution of Thermal, Mechanical, Electrical and Electromagnetic tests, among others. In Certification, the employee needs to plan and follow up the execution of PTCRB, Verizon, Sprint, FCC, IC, CE and wireless country certifications.
location: Woodridge, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $47 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Provide day-to-day supervision and coordination to Validation and Certification tasks.
- Provide day-to-day interface between the design engineering team and the external test lab.
- Provide tracking and detail reporting status on project Validation and Certification.
- Execute process for product failure communication, identification, and resolution.
- Request and analyze quotes for external test labs services.
- Coordinate Validation and Certification activities based on a development schedule.
- Identify necessary tools to complete the job.
- Take actions in solving testing and setup problems through analysis and evaluation of alternate solutions.
- Gather test samples from manufacturing and ship them to the external labs.
- Create test plans according to the product development schedule.
- Create procedures to guide the execution of tests.
- Complete Certifications applications.
- Organize and maintain Validation test results and Certification paperwork.
- Design test bench setup, including cables and harnesses.
- Define requirements for the test application software and bench setup.
- Perform tests according to the in-house tool capabilities.
- Create test reports with the results of the tests.
- Identify deviations from process standards and provide recommendations.
- Assist in training equipment operators and other staff members.
- Periodically check validation test equipment.
- Participate in internal or external training programs to keep and grow knowledge in the field.
- BS Engineering, EE, EET or similar.
- 5-10 years of experience in electronics product validation and wireless certification,
- Understanding of electrical drawings, software requirements definition, and product development processes in general.
- Experience with products developed for harsh environments found in wireless communication, automotive, and/or heavy duty equipment applications.
- Experience working with external certification and test labs.
- Experience in product design is desirable.
- Experience in writing test software and scripts is desirable.
skills: - Clear communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Attention to detail to document test procedures and provide instructions.
- Experience working through complex technical issues with customers and external test labs.
- Experience operating typical validation equipment, like temperature chambers, vibration tables, anechoic chambers, EMC equipment, etc.
- Knowledge on and experience testing RF signals (GPS, GSM/EDGE, LTE).
- Experience designing test harnesses and fixtures for test setup.
- Strong understanding on statistical determination of mean time to failure and calculation of samplesize, etc.
- Provide feedback to design engineering team based on lessons learned during design phase.
- Strong team collaboration skills to coordinate the work with internal and external testers.
- Strong time management skills to determine the correct pace in which the activities are performed.
- Possess strong analytical skills.
- Proven experience with Validation and Certifications tools and standards.
- Demonstrate knowledge of electronic and mechanical assembly.
- Capable of interfacing with low level software on a design.
-Experience in product development methodologies and tools.
- Proactive approach with all departments and organization.
- Ability to communicate and work side by side with the customer on a regular basis.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.