Fortune 500 company has an immediate need in Detroit MI for a Principal Engineer. This is a perm position that offers relocation. Bonus opportunity. Excellent Company Benefits. Apply Now!
location: Detroit, Michigan
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 105,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Applies strong knowledge and background of engineering and scientific principles and practices in a variety of assignments.
- Develops, coordinates, and directs critical projects or field engineering assignments that are large or complex.
- Leads or plays key role on process improvement teams.
- Initiates or performs engineering studies, proposing solutions or recommending alternatives.
- Develops presentations of engineering-related projects to stakeholders.
- Develops models and analyzes data to support improvement programs, techniques and solutions.
- Conducts studies and analyses to assist in the resolution of engineering-related issues; may assist with developing engineering standards and practices.
- Mentors and provides guidance/direction for less experienced engineers.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- 6+ years of utility experience
- Work Lead experience or experience in the management of engineer related projects and/or initiatives
- Experience in one or more of the following: Distribution Engineering & Planning, Equipment Engineering, Substation Design, Sub Transmission & Industrial Power Engineering & Planning, Transmission Engineering & Planning, CYME & PSSE Modeling & Solution Development, and/or Smartgrid
skills: -Team Player
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.