Large manufacturer of non-woven products in the Nashville area has an immediate opening for a Process Engineer. The position will report directly to the plant manager and act as the key liaison between the Plant Manager and the manufacturing organization. This role is critical in achieving maximum financial benefit from the plant's capital expenditures, production equipment and fixed assets.
location: Madison, Tennessee
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Effectively use tools such as Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, Root cause analysis, 5S, Total Quality Management.
- Lead the Capex process - Develop TRS, Scope of work, and Capex form for all projects. Plan, manage and execute capital projects from cradle to grave.
- Develop timelines to meet Customer Deliverables related to Capital Projects and new product launches.
- Trouble shoot process/equipment related issues and fine tune process to eliminate process-induced defects.
- Plan, co-ordinate, lead, and participate with various multi-disciplined teams addressing objectives associated with the manufacturing and assembly process, productivity, volume outputs, scrap and rework, quality, safety, and delivery commitments to optimize a profitable operation.
- B.A. / B.S. in Engineer or a Scientific discipline preferred
- 3 to 5 years of manufacturing operations, program management, capital project development, and cost estimation using established models.
- Strong knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement Principles.
- Project management experience, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Up to 10% travel; local and domestic
- Lean/5S/Six Sigma/Kaizen initiatives
- Project Management/Capital project management
- Cost saving initiatives
- Root Cause Analysis
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.