Leading manufacturing company located in Burlington Wisconsin is looking for a Production Planner. The ideal candidate is someone who has been doing planning for about 1-2 years, more towards the entry level side. Supply chain majors, Business majors, are good fits, especially if you have had some solid internships in manufacturing. The emphasis for this role is someone who is willing or has had experience for being out on the floor and working with supervisors and operators scheduling is done by haijunka boards and NOT through an ERP system
MUST HAVE floor experience and scheduling that is not solely based on what the purchasing and sales orders dictate.
location: Burlington, Wisconsin
job type: Permanent
salary: $57,000 - 61,000 per year
work hours: 7am to 3pm
- Provide daily and weekly schedules for the Conventional and Injection press areas, including the Honeywell Work Cell.
- Provide daily and weekly schedules for Cold Feed/Barwell and Lathe Cut.
- Based on Press schedules, create a daily Mold Change Schedule for Mold Maintenance.
- Work closely with Press, Maintenance and Mold Maintenance personnel to coordinate resource requirements and ensure schedule feasibility.
- Work closely with the Administrative assistant to administer the daily and weekly overtime posting and awarding processes.
- Work with Supervisors to reduce the need for overtime and ultimately reduce cost.
- Work with Customer Service and Sales Teams to meet customer delivery requests.
- Provide a daily Secondary priority list and lead a daily schedule review meeting in Inspection.
- Release orders to Compounding for stock to support Press Schedules.
- Manage the Compound WIP inventory to maximize usage and minimize waste.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives in Planning. Support initiatives in Press and AMP.
- 1-2 year's planning experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 4-year degree preferred.
- Must have floor experience and scheduling that is not solely based on what the purchasing and sales orders dictate.
- Strong initiative and desire to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills - both oral and written - demonstrated by the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from production employees, supervisors, peers and occasionally customers.
- Ability to deal with multiple projects, priorities and tight deadlines.
- Strong self-starter who is always looking for the next improvement project.
- Experience with lean manufacturing methods and a continuous improvement mindset.
- Proficient in utilizing business systems to access information and use of Microsoft Office software.
skills: Experienced in production planning in a manufacturing environment.
He/she will have strong interpersonal skills and be able to work cross-functionally with all departments.
A strong continuous improvement focus and being comfortable acting as a change agent are also essential for this position.
Strong initiative and a desire to work in a team-oriented environment.
A strong ability to communicate (orally and in writing) with all stakeholders including; production employees, supervisors/managers, peers, and occasionally customers.
Ability to deal with multiple projects, priorities and tight deadlines.
Demonstrated evidence of being a strong self-starter and experience seeking or leading continuous improvement projects.
Experience in a lean manufacturing environment.
Proficient in utilizing business systems to access information; proficient in use of Microsoft Office software.
Ability to work scheduled hours and overtime as needed.
Ability to walk/climb to a variety of work locations; stand/walk on the manufacturing floor for long periods of time; work in front of a computer for long periods of time; lift documents/work materials up to 30 pounds in weight.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.