If your looking for a great company that values teamwork in a friendly and family oriented environment than this job is for you! Our client is located in Lebanon Missouri and is looking for a mid to senior level controls engineer. Mid level experienced candidates will have 5-9 years of experience, senior level candidates will have 10-12 years experience. All candidates must have experience in Automaton.
Our client is more into Machine Automation then into Process Automation. They rarely design machines for process industries like petrochemical, oil refineries or food.
Their focus is into different types of motion then instrumentation. There are controls engineers who have worked and gained experience in process automation but will struggle designing equipment for machine automation.
Our client is looking for a person who can design the system and not for a person who has worked or used the system. Also our client is more into Allen-Bradley and hardly uses Siemens PLC... Omron experience is plus.
location: Lebanon, Missouri
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
1. Meets with Mechanical Engineers, Project Engineer and customer to discuss the design and function of the customer equipment.
2. Works with Project Engineer, estimating and sales to determine specifications for the job, estimated hours and schedule.
3. Designs control architecture based on customer specifications, information gathered from the Mechanical Engineers, Project Engineer, and information available from documentation files of similar equipment design.
4. Oversees the layout of the design and checks for conformance to customer requirements.
5. Coordinates the design of the control system, consisting of drawings detailing power distribution, Inputs/Outputs, wiring diagrams, cable and panel layouts, and PLC's.
6. Submits completed design documentation to customer for approval or modification.
7. Responsible for all software development created on projects. Must possess and maintain the ability to develop and debug PC/PLC/HMI/SCADA software programming
8. Observes the performance of the equipment in simulated or actual operation to evaluate the performance of the software.
9. Conducts an internal review of the equipment performance with the Project Engineer, Project Team Leads, and quality control to determine/abate any functional problems related to the controls.
10. Meets with customers on site and reviews the equipment
11. Observes equipment with the customer during run-off (production test) to ensure that the equipment meets requirements (safety, performance, customer specs).
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years' experience in design, development, programming and commissioning custom automated equipment in an OEM environment.
- Extensive experience programming latest Allen Bradley/Rockwell and Siemens PLC/HMI software.
- Extensive multi-axis servo (CIP) programming experience. Ability to tune and set parameters on most servos.
- Extensive Control Logix Rockwell and motion control experience.
- AutoCAD Electrical experience developing schematics, panel layouts, and bills of material.
- Knowledge of PLC networking systems (Ethernet I/P, DeviceNet, Profibus, ControlNet).
- Capable of writing code in function block, structured text and ladder logic. Ability to design hardware and write code to customer standards.
- Experience with vision systems; Cognex preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of appropriate regulations, specifications and codes (customer specifications, NFPA 70E, NFPA79, CE, UL, and OSHA).
- Experience conducting risk analysis of equipment design to determine safety category.
- Experience in the use and application of various testing and measuring equipment and processes: integrated flow testing, gaging R&R testing, air gaging; micron laser measurement.
- Thorough knowledge of documentation practices drawing sets, structure, CAD issues, PLC and PC programming software, bills of material.
- Thorough knowledge of power distribution as it applies to equipment control.
- Thorough knowledge of electro-mechanical power control (contractors, starters, relays).
skills: - Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate instructions and other correspondence to internal and external customers and associates.
- Ability and knowledge to do electrical calculations required for proper design of equipment electrical system. Knowledge of heat dissipation calculations and other related calculations for power requirements, etc.
- Ability to understand and participate in resolution of issues relating to controls design.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.