A nationally leading small aircraft manufacturer in Battle Creek, Michigan is looking for a Structural Engineer to join their team. This position is open due to growth. The company is projected to double in size by next year. The Design Engineer will be responsible for assembling documentation packages, performing some calculations with regard to technical design, and developing detailed drawings using relevant tools.
The Salary is commensurate with experience plus health, dental, vision, and 401K. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Battle Creek, Michigan
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- Support engineering activities associated with the analysis, design, and structural testing of thermal control and environmental life support components and assemblies for various aerospace applications
- Deliver against the cost, schedule and technical requirements of the program as defined by the GM or other leadership in accordance with Standard Work
- Develop and implement mechanical design best practices, processes and procedures within the Standard Work framework to deliver consistent results
- Associates Degree in Engineering or a similar field is preferrerd
- Experience using SolidWorks
- Experience working with Assemblies
- Must be eligible to work in the US without requiring sponsorship.
- Must be self-starter and require minimal supervision.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A positive "can do" attitude, good presentation skills, respect for others, confidence, and patience.
- Knowledge of drawing creation, geometric tolerancing, and drawing practices.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.