This capital equipment OEM is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fortune 200 company and a well-established, global engineer, constructor, supplier and operator of air separation plants and related equipment and services, based in Bethlehem, PA. Owns and operates production plants across the USA which supply steel sites and third-party clients 24/7 with tonnage quantities of oxygen, nitrogen and argon as well as exporting liquid cryogenic products by road tanker.
Seeking a Safety Quality and Environmental(SQE) Manager to proactively lead the SQE program, be the key point of contact on SQE, OSHA and FDA qualification and compliance for customers. Heavy emphasis on quality and safety leadership and less so on environmental.
location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Develop best practice systems and SQE plans for all plant locations and job sites. Maintain all compliance documentation.
- Lead effective goal-setting and communication to make SQE priorities, performance and corrective actions visible
- Train teammates in compliance with state and federal food, drug and food safety regulations, local, state and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and the current FDA Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Facilitate job safety and process hazard analysis, in the design phase and pre-startup safety review. Drive use of inherently safer and fail-safe engineering designs
- Lead audits, inspections, incident investigations and follow-up, incl. OSHA 300/300A/301 requirements.
- Lead SQE qualification for new sites. Provide SQE support for problem solving including site inspections and audits
Safety is the most important part of all jobs therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years' experience Quality Management, Environmental Engineering or Occupational Safety
- Knowledgeable in FDA and cGMP regulations and guidance, as it relates to the cryogenic and packaged gas industry.
- ISO 9001 experience required
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations and requirements as applicable to chemical industry
- Willingness to travel 30% nationally
- SQE work experience in chemical manufacturing or high-hazard environment; or similar role in the industrial gas or related industries.
- Root cause investigation experience and skills to determine causes and drive changes to eliminate recurrence.
skills: Solid work history of increasing levels of responsibility over time. b
Demonstrated leadership skills
Excellent interpersonal communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.