Our client in Bethlehem, PA is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to start right away, must have formal training in Lean Manufacturing and experience with single piece and cell manufacturing concepts.
location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering
- Minimum five (5) years related experience in manufacturing environment.
- Formal training in Lean Manufacturing and experience with single piece and cell manufacturing concepts.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Continuous Learning - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback to improve performance; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
- Use of Technology - Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget.
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Cooperation - Establishes and maintains effective relations; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.