Great opportunity with a well established and rapidly growing medical device manufacturer in Kenosha Wisconsin. Our client is looking for their next Product Design Engineer. This person will have 5 years experience in both product development and product design in a manufacturing environment. Experience in medical device designing instruments is preferred, aerospace or automotive would also be considered. Strong knowledge of GD&T and Solid Works are a MUST.
If your ready for a rewarding next step in your career and you have the experience required apply now. We look forward to helping you grow your career!
location: Kenosha, Wisconsin
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Develop layout, prints and tolerance analysis of components and devices.
- Analyze customer specifications and determine new product design criteria.
- Evaluate material selection, cost analysis, and vendors as required to implement new designs. Review the selection and specification of new purchased component parts for product designs.
- Determine and establish specifications through engineering calculations and layouts.
- Assist Manufacturing/Quality Engineers on analyzing designs to determine the availability of machinery and equipment and to determine if customer specifications are suitable to run production.
- Assist Manufacturing/Quality Engineers on identifying what processes are required to efficiently build the parts.
- 5 years of related experience in product development engineering in a machining production and design facility.
- Experience in medical device product development preferred.
- Ability to design and develop innovative medical devices that meet required regulations and market demands.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of blueprints and GD&T.
- Proficient in machine shop math.
- Experience in ISO/FDA environment and understanding of medical device regulations per ISO 13485 and FDA Part 801, 803, 820, 821 preferred.
- Ability to understand the technical attributes of a wide range of precision, mechanical products.
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Blueprints and GD&T
- Solid Works
- Experience in ISO / FDA environment
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.